San Diego Bay
We tested integration of Explorer v.AUV with the Iver2 AUV at a blind UXO trial for the Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining, Switzerland, in San Diego Bay.
- Two 250m x 120m surveys were conducted over the same area.
- One before seeding with simulated UXO targets, and the second after seeding, on the following day.
- The targets ranged in size from 60 mm to 160 mm. The smallest target was 1 kg.
The total-field map (figure 1) shows significant geological background obscuring small near-surface targets and a small pipeline in the lower half of the block. The unseeded and seeded area’s gradient map clearly show 10 UXO targets. It was confirmed that all ten UXO were reliably detected after seeding.
Gradient Data From A Single Explorer Sensor
Our specialized algorithms convert total field to total gradient data that:
- improves target definition
- suppresses background noise
and with Iver’s precise control of position:
- yields unparalleled analysis
To discuss whether the Explorer v.AUV is the perfect fit for your application, please contact Gina Lopez:
+1 (619) 655-0179