- Explorer can be towed behind Iver2 & Iver3
- SeaSPY2 can be towed behind the Bluefin21
- Explorer can be towed behind the Teledyne Gavia AUV
Why AUVsAUVs are powerful platforms for marine survey, wielding an arsenal of sensors and giving the ability to get closer to investigated targets reliably, consistently and inexpensively.
- Magnetometers have always been a particular challenge to mount on AUVs because of their strong magnetic signatures.
- AUVs must use electric motors for all their actuators, and these in turn create strong magnetic fields when they operate, interfering with the magnetometer sensor.
- AUVs have strict power budgets. Small increases in power consumption or hydrodynamic drag will shorten their runtime.
A good fitAn AUV was needed whose magnetism was mild at best, and a magnetometer was needed that was small, and low-powered.
- Iver2 is a hand-deployable vehicle designed for quick deployment in inshore
- Our products use high accuracy Overhauser technology for high sensitivity, low noise and extremely low power consumption.
ThesisIn this study, a Marine Magnetics Explorer Overhauser magnetometer was mated to a portable AUV (OceanServer Iver2) creating the first practical AUV- deployed magnetic survey system. The AUV magnetic data were of superior quality despite being collected in rough weather conditions that would have made conventional survey impossible. The resulting high‐resolution total magnetic intensity and analytic signal maps clearly identify several buried and surface ferrometallic targets that were verified in 500-kHz side-scan sonar imaging and visual inspection by divers.
Call usTo discuss other AUV integrations, please contact Gina Lopez: email@example.com +1 (619) 655-0179